Apple Bottom Seeds
1 Large Granny Smith Apple, thinly sliced
1 Round of Brie Cheese, quartered
1 Small bag of shelled, roasted & salted pistachios
2-3 Ripe Figs, sliced
1 Bag of baby arugula (adult arugula is okay too)
1 Small bottle of pure honey
1 cup of EVOO
½ cup of Balsamic Vinegar
1 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and wash your greens. For real. No matter how many times it says they were cleaned, clean them again. The amount of bugs and dirt and shit in there is insane.
2. I’d put together the dressing next. Combine all of the Dressing ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste. Shake it up real nice and set it aside.
3. Put your round of Brie onto a glass-baking dish and slice it into 4 parts. I did thick slices, but you can really cut them however you want. Drizzle the top with honey, and a heaping handful of the pistachios on top. Put her/him in the oven for 10-15 minutes. (Have to keep this blog woke on gender bending issues, right?)
4. While the Brie is baking, I would dress your salad. Toss the arugula in a light dosage of the dressing and toss gently with either our hands or salad tongs; you want to make sure not to bruise any of the leaves.
5. Slice up your figs. They should be relatively soft if they are fully ripened, so if they smash a little bit while you’re cutting them, that’s okay. Don’t stress.
6. Take out your Brie. It should be relatively melted, but still holding its shape. Plate how you like, but as you can see from the pic, I like the whole family style way of serving. However you do it though, I would definitely top it off with some salt, pepper, olive oil and more pistachios. Don't forget the sliced apples too, those are super duper important. Get at it!!